30+ sources. Zero spin.
Cross-referenced, unbiased news. Both sides of every story.
Leaked 9-Point US-Iran Deal Framework Surfaces as Qatar Joins Pakistan in Tehran Push

The Leaked Draft Nobody Is Officially Acknowledging
Saudi network Al-Arabiya dropped what it claims is the final draft of a US-Iran deal framework on May 22, according to reporting by The Week. No government has confirmed it. Both Washington and Tehran are staying officially quiet.
Here's what the nine-point framework reportedly contains: an immediate comprehensive ceasefire on all fronts — land, sea, air — plus guaranteed freedom of navigation through the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman. It also calls for gradual sanctions relief in exchange for Iranian compliance, and a joint monitoring mechanism.
What the Draft DOESN'T Cover
Every hard US demand is missing from the leaked text. According to The Week's reporting on the Al-Arabiya leak, the draft explicitly defers negotiations on Iran's nuclear program dismantlement, exporting its enriched uranium stockpile, limiting ballistic missile capabilities, and ending support for proxy groups like Hezbollah and the Houthis.
Those aren't footnotes. Those are the entire reason the US went to war in the first place.
The deal is structured as an interim agreement. Outstanding issues go to negotiations within seven days of activation. Iran would get sanctions relief and ceasefire guarantees immediately, while the US would get promises of future talks on the stuff that actually matters.
Qatar Enters the Room
Reuters confirmed exclusively that a Qatari negotiating team physically traveled to Tehran to help push a deal across the finish line. Qatar's direct presence in the Iranian capital marks an escalation in third-party mediation.
Pakistan's army chief, General Asim Munir, was also expected in Tehran on Thursday, May 22, according to NBC News. Munir has been the backbone of the mediation effort — he hosted Vice President JD Vance in Islamabad last month for talks that collapsed. Iran's semiofficial ISNA news agency told NBC News that Munir's visit was specifically aimed at getting Iran to officially accept the memorandum of understanding.
The New York Times characterized the dual Qatar-Pakistan deployment as regional mediators rushing to save a ceasefire before the window closes.
Trump's Clock Is Running
President Trump said Wednesday at Joint Base Andrews that if he didn't get the 'right answers,' a military strike was 'all ready to go,' according to NBC News. Asked how long he'd wait, Trump said 'a few days, but it could go very quickly.' He also called negotiations 'final stages' while warning things could get 'a little bit nasty' without a deal.
Trump's language suggests a tightening timeline for a deal.
Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei confirmed Tehran had received the latest US proposal and was reviewing it, per reporting from Nour News — which is linked to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, a fact most mainstream outlets buried or omitted entirely. Iran said US proposals had 'reduced the gaps to some extent.' Not closed them. Reduced them.
Oil Prices and the Hormuz Chokehold
Nearly three months into this conflict, Iran still controls the Strait of Hormuz. The New York Times reported Brent crude hovering around $107 per barrel as of Thursday morning — up from pre-war levels, and a direct tax on every American who drives a car or pays a utility bill.
The interim deal framework would reopen Hormuz immediately. That's the economic pressure point driving urgency on the US side. But reopening Hormuz without resolving the nuclear program means the US trades away its biggest leverage for a shipping lane.
The GOP Hawk Warning
Not all Republicans backing the administration support the emerging deal terms. Fox News reported that Senator Roger Wicker, Republican of Mississippi, explicitly warned Trump against a 'weak' deal, telling him to 'finish the job.' There's a real fault line in Republican ranks between hawks who want Iran's nuclear infrastructure gone permanently and pragmatists willing to take the interim win.
Separately, Fox News noted that acting Navy Secretary Hung Cao confirmed the US temporarily paused Taiwan weapons sales because of the Iran war — a detail with enormous strategic implications for China policy that mainstream outlets mostly ignored in the Iran deal coverage.
Coverage Gaps Across Outlets
Left-leaning outlets like the New York Times are framing this as diplomatic progress — 'rushing to save' a ceasefire — without adequately stressing that the leaked framework defers every substantive US demand. A closer reading of the framework itself shows it functions more as a ceasefire with follow-up negotiations than as a comprehensive accord.
Right-leaning coverage from Fox News is heavy on hawk quotes and light on the actual leaked document terms. The nine-point framework deserves scrutiny on its own merits, not just through the lens of what senators think about Trump's dealmaking.
One detail worth examining: Iran's IRGC-linked media outlet is the one signaling 'reduced gaps.' When your negotiating partner's most reliable public statements come through the Revolutionary Guard's press apparatus, that warrants careful consideration.
For Americans Following the Developments
Gas prices are $107-a-barrel elevated. A leaked deal framework would reopen Hormuz but leave Iran's nuclear program, missiles, and proxy network intact — to be 'negotiated later.' Qatar and Pakistan are physically in Tehran trying to close something before Trump pulls the trigger on resumed strikes.
If this interim deal goes through as leaked, the US gets Hormuz open and Iran gets sanctions relief. Iran's centrifuges keep spinning. The real fight gets punted to a follow-on negotiation that history says will drag for years.