AI-POWERED NEWS

30+ sources. Zero spin.

Cross-referenced, unbiased news. Both sides of every story.

← Back to headlines

Feeding Our Future Ringleader Gets 41.5 Years as DOJ Expands Minnesota Fraud Crackdown With 15 New Medicaid Indictments

Feeding Our Future Ringleader Gets 41.5 Years as DOJ Expands Minnesota Fraud Crackdown With 15 New Medicaid Indictments
Aimee Bock, the woman federal prosecutors called the 'mastermind' of the $250 million Feeding Our Future pandemic fraud, was sentenced Thursday to 41.5 years in prison — the longest sentence in the case so far. The same day, the DOJ announced 15 new indictments in a separate $90 million Medicaid fraud scheme, the largest in Minnesota district history. Minnesota's fraud problem just got a lot more expensive for everyone involved.

Two Big Stories. Same Day. Same State.

Thursday, May 21 was a rough day for Minnesota fraudsters.

A federal judge sentenced Aimee Bock, 45, to 41.5 years in prison for her role running the Feeding Our Future scheme, according to Breitbart News and the Star Tribune. Hours later, top Trump administration officials flew to Minneapolis to announce 15 new indictments in a completely separate $90 million Medicaid fraud case, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Two massive fraud cases. One state. One day.

Bock Gets 41.5 Years — and a $243 Million Bill

Federal Judge Nancy Brasel did not mince words at sentencing. She called the Feeding Our Future operation "a vortex of fraud" and said Bock was "at the epicenter," according to the Star Tribune. Brasel also found that Bock perjured herself at trial.

Bock was ordered to pay back $243 million to the federal government.

Federal prosecutors had asked for 50 years. Bock's attorney asked for three. The judge split the difference — closer to prosecutors' ask. Bock told the judge after sentencing, "I don't have the words to express just how horrible I feel. I know I'm responsible," according to the Star Tribune.

The DOJ's case: Bock created dozens of shell companies, enrolled them in a federal child meals program, and falsely claimed to have served 91 million meals — pocketing nearly $250 million in federal funds meant to feed kids during the pandemic. Employees were bribed with kickbacks disguised as consulting fees.

No single meal went to a child that wasn't already being funded through another program. The money funded "lavish lifestyles," according to then-Acting U.S. Attorney Lisa D. Kirkpatrick.

Bock is one of nearly 80 people charged. More than 60 have been convicted or pleaded guilty, according to the Daily Signal.

The New Case: $90 Million Across Seven Medicaid Programs

Separate from Feeding Our Future, the DOJ announced the Minnesota Health Care Fraud Takedown — 15 defendants charged with stealing roughly $90 million across seven Medicaid programs, according to the Justice Department's official press release.

These weren't abstract bureaucratic programs. The targets included:

  • Services for children with autism
  • Housing Stabilization Services for homeless individuals
  • Support programs for people with disabilities

Assistant Attorney General Colin McDonald told reporters at the Minneapolis federal courthouse that one individual allegedly fraudulently obtained over $40 million from a single Early Intensive Development and Behavioral Intervention program — a program designed to serve kids under 21 with autism spectrum disorder, according to Justice.gov.

"These disabled individuals were used like lottery tickets," McDonald said, according to the Minnesota Reformer. The money went to real estate, luxury vehicles, and jewelry.

FBI Director Kash Patel posted to X calling these "the two LARGEST Medicaid fraud cases ever charged in this district" and noted they include "first-of-their-kind charges" involving seven additional Medicaid programs.

One defendant, Muhammad Omar, is currently a fugitive. Officials displayed his photo at the press conference and asked the public for help locating him, according to the Minnesota Reformer.

The Political Angle Mainstream Media Is Burying

Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche showed up in the DOJ press release calling this "just the tip of the iceberg" and announcing an expansion of the DOJ's Health Care Fraud Section — 15 new trial attorney positions specifically to combat Medicaid fraud nationwide.

RFK Jr. and Dr. Mehmet Oz both appeared at the Minneapolis press conference, according to the Minnesota Reformer. That's the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the CMS Administrator standing on the courthouse steps in Minnesota. The Trump administration clearly intended the visible show of force.

The Minnesota Reformer — which leans left — noted something other outlets glossed over: the DOJ's Minneapolis office is dealing with a wave of career prosecutor resignations, including former Assistant U.S. Attorney Joe Thompson, who previously oversaw social service fraud investigations. The Reformer attributes this to politicization concerns under Trump.

Prosecuting legitimate fraud is essential. Hollowing out the career staff doing it creates operational problems. Both dynamics are at play in Minneapolis right now.

The Walz Connection Nobody Wants to Talk About

Nearly every major fraud scheme uncovered — Feeding Our Future, the new Medicaid cases — unfolded under Governor Tim Walz's watch. McDonald called it a "culture of fraud" and said some programs had to completely shut down because the money was fraudulently drained, costing taxpayers 50 times the original program allotment, according to the Daily Signal.

Walz ran for Vice President last year. The national media gave this story minimal coverage during the campaign. The scale of what happened in Minnesota — a quarter-billion dollars in one scheme, $90 million in another — deserved far more scrutiny than it received.

The Damage and What's Next

Real people lost real services. Kids with autism didn't get the therapy they needed. Homeless people didn't get housing support. Disabled individuals became billing entries on a fraudster's spreadsheet.

Aimee Bock is going to prison for 41.5 years. Fifteen more defendants are now facing federal charges. The DOJ is hiring 15 new prosecutors to go after Medicaid fraud across the entire country.

The crackdown is real. The damage already done is also real. And in Minnesota, apparently, the fraud machine kept running for years before anyone pulled the plug.

Sources

center The Hill 15 people indicted in alleged healthcare fraud scheme in Minnesota
right Breitbart ‘Mastermind’ Behind Massive Minnesota Pandemic Fraud Scandal Sentenced to Nearly 42 Years Behind Bars
right Daily Signal ‘Culture of Fraud’: 15 People Indicted in Minnesota Health Care Scandal
unknown justice.gov Office of Public Affairs | Minnesota Health Care Fraud Takedown Results in Charges Against 15 Defendants for Over $90M in Fraud | United States Department of Justice
unknown sctimes Trump officials indict 15 in $90 million Minnesota Medicaid fraud case